PAID INTERNSHIP SUMMER OF 2018
Calling students in Business/Marketing/Communications/Graphic Design (or related)
programs for unique internship experience!
$11 per hour
The Scott County Community Development Agency (CDA) is a small local government entity looking to bring on board an intern for the summer of 2018. The intern would work primarily with the economic development arm of the Scott County CDA, called the First Stop Shop, but would also have the opportunity to work with the housing program areas. Work would include the creation of outreach/marketing or promotional materials, developing information sheets, assisting with event coordination, and developing measurement tools to determine effectiveness of marketing/outreach. Videography knowledge or experience a plus. Other duties would be entering and maintaining database records, creating email/mail contact lists, etc. Full information can be found on the job description.
The Scott County CDA will assign a preference to applicants who will receive college credit and/or reside in Scott County (home address). If you will not receive college credit, an Internship Learning Plan (see below) will be required.
You may email your completed materials to Linda Janovsky or mail them to the Scott County CDA, 323 S. Naumkeag Street, Shakopee, MN, 55379.
1. Completed Intern Application form
2. Letter of Interest (not to exceed three pages) addressing the following:
- Describe your interest in interning with the Scott County CDA
- Describe your career interests and objectives
- List specific skills you can offer the Scott County CDA
- List specific experiences that help qualify you for an internship
- List if you’ve had any previous internships and how they furthered your educational experience
3. Resume with References
4. Letter of Recommendation from Academic Advisor/Professor
5. Requirements from your school to obtain credit* or Internship Learning Plan if you will not be receiving college credit
(the Internship Learning Plan should explain your professional goals and list at least three learning objectives with evaluation indicators: sample)
*The Scott County CDA will work with your college program to ensure you have the components necessary to qualify for credit.
Internship is open until filled ~ Equal Opportunity Institution
The CDA posts all of our open positions on www.Minnesotaworks.net, Minnesota's job board. You can sign up for email alerts for open positions.