Need assistance with
a mortgage modification? Struggling with your mortgage payments? Worried
about foreclosure? We’re here to help. 952.402.9022 x224.
What is the
Foreclosure Prevention Program?
Scott County CDA, a HUD-Approved agency, provides free, confidential services
to homeowners who are behind or are at risk of falling behind on housing
payments. Homeowners choose the services they want, basic or in-depth
counseling, in-person or over the phone.
How do I get
You can get started
in three ways:
1. Call the Scott
County CDA: 952.402.9022
2. Download and
return our Intake Form. Completed
forms can be:
- Faxed to 952-496-2852
- Emailed to email@example.com
- Mailed or dropped off at 323 South Naumkeag Street, Shakopee, MN 55379
3. Attend a workshop: Bring your completed Intake Form with you to the workshop. Registration for the workshop is
encouraged. (Workshops may be canceled if there are no registered attendees.)
At the workshop, you will have to opportunity to schedule a one-on-one
appointment with a homeownership specialist.
- May 13, 2014, 4:30, Scott County CDA Office, 323 S. Naumkeag, Shakopee
- June 4, 2014, 4:30, Scott County CDA Office, 323 S. Naumkeag, Shakopee
- June 25, 2014, 4:30, Scott County CDA Office, 323 S. Naumkeag, Shakopee
- July 14, 2014, 4:30, Scott County CDA Office, 323 S. Naumkeag, Shakopee
- August 13, 2014, 4:30, Scott County CDA Office, 323 S. Naumkeag, Shakopee
Scott County CDA Foreclosure Prevention Program Brochure
counseling really work?
HUD Studies show counseling
helps families prepare for homeownership and keep the homes they have. The
foreclosure counseling outcomes study found:
- Most study participants attempted to contact their
servicer when they first fell behind but were unsuccessful in negotiating
with their lenders on their own.
- With a counselor’s help, 69 percent of counselees
obtained a mortgage remedy, and 56 percent were able to become current on
- Nearly 70 percent of clients who sought counseling
before becoming delinquent were in their home and current on their
mortgage payments at the 18-month follow-up period, whereas only 30
percent of clients who were six or more months behind at the time they
entered counseling were in their home and current at follow-up.
Are there other
· Helpful Fact Sheets and additional resources are available from
the Minnesota Homeownership Center.
· Minnesota joins the National Mortgage Settlement,
involving Bank of America, JP Morgan Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank, and
· Related Links:
Modification Scam Alert
Minnesota Attorney General
The Department of Housing and
U.S. Department of the
Treasury, Financial Stability Initiative
Scott County CDA has adopted National Industry Standards. Find out more here.